November 19, 2008

pre-thanksgiving

Oh man does life get busy. I've been trying to post for 4 days now. We had a thanksgiving dinner with Curtis' extended family last saturday. They do this every year. I love it because I really like his family. They are all so sweet and its fun to get together with them. I mainly took care of the kids (of course =) ) and chatted with Curtis' aunts and uncles. Curtis had a lot of fun. He got to see and talk with a cousin that he has hardly seen in a very long time. They talked the whole about stuff I don't even get. Curtis does web design and Aric does programing, so its like they speak a different language. The kids had alot of fun too. Curtis' youngest cousins are 3 year old twins so Artie had some little buddies. They played with the trains and the tracks. Artie also took to Curtis' cousin Chandler (I think he's 6 or 7?). Chandler made his own drumset by using 2 chairs and stacking an old tin bucket on one. He used sticks that he found in the yard for his drumsticks. Artie was feeling his vibe and wanted to play too, so I got him a pie tin to play on. Artie takes after his dad that way. Artie has only seen Curtis play the drums twice I think, but he loves to watch his uncle Philip play. Kayla eventually joined in too and Ellie became the backup dancer. It was so cute! Artie got to play with Ellie too. He loves to play with Ellie. They get along so well, but then at times they fight alot too. lol. They played in the sandbox together. It was a fun day. I don't even think the kids realized their grandma and grandpa were there. They were having so much fun with the kids.

Here are some fun pictures from that day.







1 comment:

sharon said...

Love the pics we like to see you guys and will be seeing u in a couple weeks !