June 25, 2009

Cap and Trade

There is a new bill that Obama wants passed tomorrow in Congress called the "Cap and Trade". Basically its a tax on coal, or any kind of form of energy that releases harmful gasses into the environment. I am sympathetic to a point that its good to keep our enviroment clean, but am apposed to resolving it in this matter because it is us, the consumers who suffer. Our energy bills will sky rocket. The average consumer will pay apx $1,500 more annually for their electricity/gas. This makes me irate! We have no other choices for energy. I see this as very unfair. We should be given a choice before this happens. I am very happy to have Jason Chaffetz as my representative to congress. I feel he represents my views and values. He is voting against this new bill as I hope the rest of Congress will. I guess we'll find out what happens tomorrow.

Cap and Trade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQsIBtwUh6Q&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.americansolutions.com%2Fcontribute%2Findex.php%3Fid%3D70180000000JMYv%26section%3Denergytaxad&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcWnpTdbmSo&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwBbl6RoIs&feature=related


off subject, but this video disturbs me a little. This is not who I want to represent our country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZHIVSI1Bh8&feature=fvw
His devotion to his wife is great, but it bothers me that he says "but when they distort or place snipets of her remarks in ways that are unflattering to her"? I appreciate the devotion he has for his wife, but what she said was not distorted. It was pretty clear to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI77cU3jsFs&feature=fvw
I know that most of this video is words from his father, but the views that obama expresses really disappoint me.

I may not be proud of some people and some of our history, but I am VERY proud of this country and take pride to be an american.

I'm worried about the near future. I wonder how things are going to play out.

No comments: